By Shan Rajegopal
In Portfolio administration , Shan Rajegopal, a number one authority on innovation and venture portfolio management, provides an built-in undertaking portfolio administration framework which hyperlinks innovation, funding and implementation. A profitable attempted and validated approach, this blueprint will be a hands-on consultant for business executives.
Read or Download Portfolio Management: How to Innovate and Invest in Successful Projects PDF
Similar project management books
Undertaking choice lower than Uncertainty is the results of a five-year learn application at the number of tasks in New Product improvement (NPD). deciding upon the recent Product improvement portfolio is of serious significance in present day enterprise surroundings. The NPD portfolio has huge strategic influence at the "middle time period" good fortune of a company.
The much-anticipated re-creation of the preferred undertaking administration introductory bookThe function of the venture supervisor maintains to develop into extra various and important, putting robust venture administration talents in excessive call for. This in-depth introductory advisor bargains aspiring venture managers the fundamental basics of venture administration.
This introductory textbook publications scholars in the course of the necessities of data expertise and computers as they practice to the enterprise atmosphere. The textual content explains the layout and operation of assorted structures and software program, and the way to decide on and use a programming language
This is often the tale of an up-and-coming venture supervisor that has been passed a wide application to steer. stick with alongside as Susan Codwell, application supervisor for FitAtWork Inc. , struggles, leads, stumbles, and grows into the position of software supervisor. all through this booklet you are going to achieve a transparent realizing of the middle software administration techniques and elements concerned.
- From Concept to Customer: Portfolio, Pipeline, and Strategic Project Management
- The Mythical Man-Month: Essays on Software Engineering (Anniversary Edition)
- The Management of Complex Projects: A Relationship Approach
- Visualizing Project Management: Models and Frameworks for Mastering Complex Systems
Additional info for Portfolio Management: How to Innovate and Invest in Successful Projects
3. Belief that you’re special: Many, if not most, innovative people have this sort of childish belief that they’re special, destined for great things. The thought of doing something new and different – changing the world, as it were – can be daunting. Unless you truly believe it’s your destiny, you’ll probably be too scared to even try. Bill Gates didn’t invent the PC operating system and he certainly didn’t come up with the idea of licensing technology, but his business model – combining the two – made Microsoft one of the most valuable and powerful companies in the world.
At best, creative ideas remain good intentions if not implemented. CHAPTER 3 How Does One Architect an Organization’s Innovation Landscape? Currently, organizations seem quite captivated by the concept of innovation. Yet, as far as we know, innovation has been around as long as people have. So what’s up with that?
Great innovators don’t go from zero-to-great in a heartbeat. It involves creating an innovative culture and managing the innovation process in a purposeful and systemic way with analysis of opportunities. The process must be organized and conducted on a regular basis. We must avoid getting hung up on “the fuzzy front end” or any other views that make innovation seem really obscure. CHAPTER 2 How Does One Create a Culture That Supports and Manages Innovation? While many new companies – especially well-funded start-ups – believe they own the market on innovative thinking, mature organizations also bring multiple advantages to the ﬁeld.