By Brian Porter-Sz?cs
Poland within the sleek global presents a background of the rustic from the overdue 19th century to the current, incorporating new views from social and cultural historical past and positioning it in a extensive international context
- Challenges conventional bills Poland that have a tendency to target nationwide, political background, emphasizing the country's 'exceptionalism'.
- Presents a full of life, multi-dimensional tale, balancing assurance of excessive politics with dialogue of social, cultural and financial adjustments, and their results on participants’ day-by-day lives.
- Explores either the neighborhood range inside Poland and the country’s position inside Europe and the broader world.
- Provides a brand new interpretive framework for realizing key historic occasions in Poland’s glossy background, together with the reviews of global conflict II and the postwar communist era.
Read or Download Poland in the Modern World: Beyond Martyrdom PDF
Best europe books
This quantity brings jointly a global solid of students from a number of fields to ascertain the racial and colonial points of the 1st global battle, and express how problems with race and empire formed its literature and tradition. the worldwide nature of the 1st global conflict is speedy turning into the point of interest of excessive enquiry.
Graham & Trotman, a member of the Kluwer educational VOLUMES 1 &2 Publishers workforce is considered one of Europe's top publishers of MAJC? R businesses OF EUROPE 1990/91, quantity 1, enterprise details, and publishes corporation reference contaln~ us~ful info on over 4000 of the head annuals on different elements of the realm as follows: comPB:nles within the ecu financial group, except the united kingdom, approximately 1500 businesses of that are significant businesses OF THE ARAB global lined in quantity 2.
The one marketplace has been working in Europe due to the fact 1 January 1993 however the twelve nationwide economic structures stay self sustaining. How will this be resolved? Harmonization and coordination or monetary festival with distortions within the allocation of assets, in issue use, in localization of actions?
- A History of the Middle Ages, 300–1500
- Making Minorities History: Population Transfer in Twentieth-Century Europe
- Legal Responses to Football Hooliganism in Europe (ASSER International Sports Law Series)
- The Muslim Bonaparte: Diplomacy and Orientalism in Ali Pasha's Greece (Princeton Legacy Library)
Extra resources for Poland in the Modern World: Beyond Martyrdom
Warsaw: Wiedza Powszechna, 1986. Michalski, Jerzy. Historia sejmu polskiego (The history of the Polish Sejm). Warsaw: Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, 1984. Miłosz, Czesław. The History of Polish Literature. Berkeley: University of California Press, 1983. Molenda, Jan. Chłopi, naród, niepodległość: kształtowanie się postaw narodowych i obywatelskich chłopów w Galicji i Królestwie Polskim w przededniu odrodzenia Polski (Peasants, the nation, independence: forming a national and civic attitude among the peasants in Galicia and the Kingdom of Poland during the prelude to Polish Restoration).
Staging the Past: The Politics of Commemoration in Habsburg Central Europe, 1848 to the Present. West Lafayette, IN: Purdue University Press, 2001. Butterwick, Richard. The Polish Revolution and the Catholic Church, 1788–1792. New York: Oxford University Press, 2012. Bystrzycki, Lech. Duchowieństwo polskie Kos ́cioła Rzymskokatolickiego w Wielkopolsce w latach 1815–1918 (The Polish clergy of the Roman Catholic Church in Wielkopolska, 1815–1915). Koszalin: Wyższe Seminarium Duchowne Diecezji Koszalińsko-Kołobrzeskiej, 1986.
Warsaw: Ksia ̨żka i Wiedza, 1973. Wandycz, Piotr. The Lands of Partitioned Poland, 1795–1918. Seattle: University of Washington Press, 1993. Weinryb, Bernard D. The Jews of Poland: A Social and Economic History of the Jewish Community in Poland from 1100 to 1800. Philadelphia: Jewish Publication Society of America, 1973. Wereszycki, Henryk. Historia polityczna Polski, 1864–1918 (The political history of Poland, 1864–1918). Wrocław: Ossolineum, 1990. Wood, Nathaniel D. Becoming Metropolitan: Urban Selfhood and the Making of Modern Cracow.