By Boris Mouravieff
First-class in Wraps; 274 pages; Rubbing and side put on to wraps; Bump and small tear to foot of backbone; textual content fresh and unmarked. great ebook.
Read Online or Download Gnosis, Book One, The Exoteric Cycle: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy PDF
Similar mysticism books
Nice vintage of medieval Judaism, significant try to reconcile printed faith— Pentateuch, commentaries — and Aristotelian philosophy. significantly very important in all Western proposal. comprises lifetime of Maimonides, research of The advisor, indexes of quotations from Scripture, Talmud. Unabridged Friedlander translation.
The Cambridge significant other to Christian Mysticism is a multi-authored interdisciplinary advisor to the research of Christian mysticism, with an emphasis at the 3rd during the 17th centuries. The booklet is thematically geared up when it comes to the critical contexts, practices, and ideas linked to the paranormal lifestyles in early, medieval, and early glossy Christianity.
The main in-depth and scholarly landscape of Western spirituality ever tried! in a single sequence, the unique writings of the universally said academics of the Catholic, Protestant, japanese Orthodox, Jewish, Islamic and local American traditions were seriously chosen, translated and brought by means of the world over famous students and religious leaders.
While actor Christopher Reeve was once requested in a BBC interview which ebook he would need if stranded on a barren region island, he answered, "The internal truth through the thinker Paul Brunton. " A provocative and compelling paintings, the interior fact is a vital advisor for non secular seekers. First released within the Nineteen Thirties, this notable publication interweaves the lessons of 2 nice non secular figures: Jesus and Krishna.
- Mysticism: A Study and an Anthology, Third Edition
- Opening Doors Within: 365 Daily Meditations from Findhorn
- Ordinary Wisdom, 0th Edition
- The Age of Secrecy: Jews, Christians, and the Economy of Secrets, 1400–1800
- The encyclopedia of ancient and forbidden knowledge
- The Witches of Tibet
Extra resources for Gnosis, Book One, The Exoteric Cycle: Study and Commentaries on the Esoteric Tradition of Eastern Orthodoxy
When thought initiates movements within us, the motor centre is present and regulates the motor element of the phenomena. It is the same for feelings, passions, sensations etc. Thus a discovery made by the intellectual centre with the aid of the motor centre, is immediately communicated to the latter, then transmitted to the emotional centre, where it provokes corresponding reactions. That transmission can also take place in a different order. ': thought; emotion; movement. That shows that the three mental centres which embrace, regulate and express the life of our Personality, and also constitute its structure, are not autonomous.
One must acquire the interior memory of this unit, of this heartbeat, because the rhythm of esoteric exercises is always regulated in accordance with it. The first exercises are done in the following manner: inhale during four heartbeats, hold your breath for four heartbeats, then exhale similarly during four heartbeats. This movement must be executed harmoniously, without sudden changes. A shiver may appear; constant persistence in these exercises will eliminate it at a later time. It is the same if great distress appears.
10. Fr. 'sans tentative de replatrage'. 11. Matthew ix: 12; Mark ii: 17; Luke v: 31. 16 our being. This work is to be done in stages according to a definite programme. We recognize four distinct levels of being, correlated with the four levels of consciousness: a higher level of being and three lesser ones. As with consciousness, the higher level of being rests upon lower levels. The lowest of all levels belongs to every living body, but extends over a wide scale of values. Certain animals, especially among the higher mammals, touch the next higher level, that of humans.