By John Campbell, Stacia Misner, Norm Warren, Mariano Teixeira Neto
Dive into the enterprise intelligence (BI) positive factors in SharePoint 2010—and use the right mix of instruments to carry compelling ideas. This useful consultant is helping you discover numerous BI software providers on hand in SharePoint 2010 and Microsoft SQL Server® 2008 R2. You’ll examine every one know-how with step by step directions, and ensure which of them paintings top in particular BI scenarios—whether you’re a SharePoint administrator, SQL Server developer, or enterprise analyst.
* select the BI instruments that meet your needs—and find out how they interact
* learn the BI lifecycle, from opting for key functionality signs to development dashboards
* Take Microsoft Excel® further—gain extra keep watch over and performance with web-based Excel prone
* Mash up facts from a number of resources utilizing PowerPivot for Excel 2010
* Create facts visualizations with items, context, and metrics utilizing Microsoft Visio® prone
* construct dashboards, scorecards, and different tracking and research instruments with PerformancePoint® providers
* Use SharePoint to view BI stories aspect by way of part, regardless of which instruments have been used to produced them
Your significant other websites includes:
* Interactive routines that assist you test thoughts or thoughts
* Code samples that enable you paintings with the workouts
Read Online or Download Business Intelligence in Microsoft SharePoint 2010 PDF
Similar development books
Agricultural alternate reform is necessary to a positive improvement end result from the Doha improvement schedule. yet agricultural rules and the coverage reforms being reflected are fiendishly complex, and the satan is within the information. Agricultural exchange Reform and the Doha improvement schedule builds up from the basic element of the price lists and different security measures, and makes use of this knowledge to supply an research of the big-picture implications of proposed reforms.
The panorama of international relief is altering. New improvement actors are at the upward thrust, from the 'emerging' economies to varied deepest foundations and philanthropists. even as the character of the worldwide poverty 'problem' has additionally replaced: many of the world's negative humans not stay within the poorest nations.
This publication brings jointly international major researchers from varied fields to discover the capability factors of the advance of behaviour difficulties. The publication provides theories that wish to steer public well-being, schooling and social coverage within the prevention of the high priced social issues that behaviour difficulties may cause.
- Pathologies of Power: Health, Human Rights, and the New War on the Poor
- Development Issues: Presentations to the 50th Meeting of the Development Committee : Washington, D.C.-April 27, 1995/No 35
- Development Co-Operation: 2003 Report (Development Co-Operation Report: Efforts and Policies of the Members of the Development Assistance Committee)
- Robit Manipulators, Trends and Development
- Android Wireless Application Development, Volume 2: Advanced Topics (3rd Edition) (Developer's Library)
- The Roeper School: A Model for Holistic Development of High Ability
Extra info for Business Intelligence in Microsoft SharePoint 2010
You’ll probably agree that we don’t need a bigger truckload of information. Like the partners in the story, our bigger need is a clearer focus on how to value and use the information we already have. Today’s workplace tends to inundate people with information instead of using the right amount of data to focus on the right problems. 3 Do you think we need a bigger truck? pdf ). Microsoft’s Vision for BI 7 The amount of data businesses accumulate will continue to grow—and Microsoft and other companies will continue to develop better methods for moving, storing, retrieving, and displaying that data in meaningful ways.
Then they can apply calculations, filter the data, and make other changes to the data without affecting the original workbook. PowerPivot for Excel As flexible as Excel can be, it can also be a challenge to combine data from multiple data sources for analysis and to keep the data refreshed. That’s where PowerPivot for Excel comes in. It can also use reports as one of its data sources. As another plus, PowerPivot can handle much more data than Excel. Like standard Excel, it’s good for interactive exploration of data.
With respect to the analytical grid, analytical charts, and decomposition tree, a cube is the only type of data source these reports can use. The analytical reports are the best way to support drilling and pivoting in a web browser environment. BI developers can structure dashboards to simplify the use of analytical reports for casual users who might feel overwhelmed by the functionality these reports provide, but the decomposition tree cannot be built in advance. Power analysts who fully understand the data source and the tool’s capabilities will appreciate the support for ad hoc analysis in these report types.