By T. Loredo
Read Online or Download Bayesian Analysis of Neutrinos from SN1987A [lg article] PDF
Best analysis books
This booklet includes lecture notes of a summer time institution named after the past due Jacques Louis Lions. The summer time institution used to be designed to alert either Academia and to the expanding position of multidisciplinary equipment and instruments for the layout of advanced items in a variety of components of socio-economic curiosity.
- Mathematics of the Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT): with Audio Applications (2nd Edition)
- Surface Analysis: The Principal Techniques
- Functional Calculus of Pseudo-Differential Boundary Problems (Progress in Mathematics)
- Analysis for Financial Management 8th Ed. (McGraw-Hill Irwin Series in Finance, Insurance, and Real Est)
Additional info for Bayesian Analysis of Neutrinos from SN1987A [lg article]
Bowers, Astrophys. J. Suppl. Ser. 33, 415 (1977).  A. Akmal, V. R. G. Ravenhall, Phys. Rev. C 58, 1804 (1998).  E. H. Gudmundsson and J. R. Buchler, Astrophys. J. 238, 717 (1980).  G. B. Cook, S. L. Shapiro, and S. A. Teukolsky, Astrophys. J. 424, 823 (1994). 38  W. Hillebrandt and E. M¨ uller, in Neutrino Physics and Astrophysics, edited by K. Kleinkenecht and E. A. Paschos (World Scientific, Singapore, 1984), p. 229.  G. Baym, in Numerical Astrophysics, edited by J. M. Centrella, J.
Note that the marginal posterior based on the exponential cooling model peaks at positive mν¯e , even though the joint posterior based on that model peaks at mν¯e = 0. 3 listed in Table VII. These differences between the joint distributions and their marginals are further examples of the phenomenon discussed in Sec. VII (see the discussion of Figure 3). There is somewhat more allowed volume in the parameter space for slightly positive values of mν¯e , and the integration yielding the marginal for mν¯e accounts for this, increasing the marginal density for mν¯e in that region.
123.  W. Hillebrandt, K. Nomoto, and R. G. Wolff, Astr. Ap. 133, 175 (1984).  A. Burrows and J. M. Lattimer, Astrophys. J. 270, 735 (1983).  A. Burrows and J. M. Lattimer, Astrophys. J. Lett. 299, L19 (1985).  S. Kahana, J. Cooperstein, and E. A. Baron, Phys. Lett. B196, 259 (1987).  S. W. Bruenn, Astrophys. J. Suppl. Ser. 58, 771 (1985).  E. A. Baron, H. A. Bethe, G. E. Brown, and J. Cooperstein, Phys. Rev. Lett. 59, 736 (1985).  E. A. Baron, H. A. Bethe, G. E.